|Job Title||Online English Tutor|
|Position Type||Part time or Full time|
As our English tutor at We Language, your job is to teach Chinese people to speak English. Your students are in China and you'll teach via the internet. The students could be business people, college students, high school students, middle school student or elementary school students. We'll have textbooks for you to use.
If you're hired, you'll first be trained for a few weeks. Training consists of three parts.
You will first be trained how to use our software and watch some sample videos and read some training materials. These will be conducted online.
We offer free Chinese training to employees without Chinese skill. If you already have such skill, you can ask for a waiver.
After you finish the first two training, you will teach simulated classes under supervision and you need to come to our office to work. After the training period, you can choose to work from home.
All majors are welcome
- Patient, humorous, outgoing, willing to teach
- Responsible, punctual and has a stable schedule
- Must be a native speaker with good pronunciation, being able to speak slowly and clearly
- Being able to explain things in simple words and inspire students to speak
- Must be able to work in the weekend
- People who know some mandarin are highly preferred but not required
- Comfortable working with computers
- Must have a laptop (must not be a Mac), a web camera and a microphone
- Being able to work independently with minimal supervision while maintaining a high level of quality work
- Previous ESL teaching experience or online teaching experience highly preferred but not required
We operate from Monday to Sunday
In fall and winter: 6:00am-10:40am and 7:00pm-11:00pm
In spring and summer: 7:00am-11:40am and 8:00pm-12:00am
(Our working time changes twice every year due to the daylight saving change)
We're currently in great need of tutors who can work in the weekend. So at this time, we will not consider those who can only work during the week.
You will fill out a sheet during the interview, check all the time you can work and you'll be scheduled with classes according to your availability and you will get paid by hour.
- Salary starts from $7.50/hr
- +$0.50/hr if with Chinese skills (at least intermediate level)
- +$0.50/hr if with a degree in Education or has experience of teaching ESL classes for over one year
- +$0.50/hr if with a teaching certificate (We accept TESOL/TEFL/CELTA)
- Before you start to work, you will first be trained by our trainer. All training sessions are free.
Free Chinese classes
- We offer free Chinese classes to our employees once a week. These classes focus on work related aspects.
- If you're interested in Chinese classes that are more customized, you can sign up for our specialized Chinese classes but they are not free. Please contact us for more information.
For more information about full time position,please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.